Why Should You Look At Buying A King Size Memory Foam Mattress
If you are looking for a really good night’s sleep then you may very well be thinking about investing in a king size memory foam mattress for your bed.
The benefits to this type of mattress are varied, and it is worth going over some of the most frequently asked questions on the subject; to clear up any misunderstandings or gaps in your knowledge:
Question: What is memory foam ?
Answer: This is a revolutionary material which makes the mattress mold to your body and “remember” your sleeping position.
Question: What size is a king size memory foam mattress?
Answer: This conforms to the standard king size mattress dimensions of 76 × 80 inches (193 × 203 centimeters) in the US and 60 × 78 in (152 × 198 cm) in the UK. This is the biggest of the standard bed sizes, although bigger, less conventional sizes can be found. When you buy a mattress of this size you should be aware that the bed frame and the bed sheets will all be more expensive than for smaller beds.
The Cost Involved In Getting A King Size Memory Foam Mattress
Question: Are king size memory foam mattresses really expensive?
Answer: Due to the size of the mattress involved, and the quality of the materials used, it is fair to say that this type of double memory foam mattress is among the more expensive bedding options. However, if you can afford it you will find that it is quite possibly among the best mattress
models for comfort and for giving you a really good night’s sleep. As we spend a third of our lives sleeping it is well worth considering how much you are willing to pay for a good, reliable mattress.
Tips On Buying A King Air Mattress
You are probably thinking about buying a King air mattress because you want to combine the flexibility and good value of an air bed with the outstanding spaciousness of a king size mattress.
This is a purchase which needs a bit of thought and investigation, so we have noted below a few points to bear in mind.
1. Support. The bigger sizes of air mattress bed need extra support, so choosing a quality model which offers features like double (or more) chambers and a strong durable design is important, especially if you are looking at the raised type of air mattress models.
2. Pump. We have looked at the different air mattress pump models in a separate article and it is clear that the size of King air mattresses makes it essential that a good quality automatic pump is used with them. Some models come with a built in pump, which is an advantage if it is a good quality one.
3. Price. It is clear from the two points above that good quality King air mattresses need to include some additional features which basic, smaller air beds don’t always give you. While you will find models being offered online at $50 or less these won’t give you the high level of comfort and durability which you are looking for if you want to use this bed on a fairly regular basis. Paying $100 or so extra will let you purchase a much better quality mattress, although if you are only looking for something for temporary or very occasional use then the cheaper models should do fine.
Find Space For A New King Air Mattress
4 Use. This really follows on from, and is linked with, the price issue. Apart from the comments from the previous point it is also worth thinking about where you will actually be able to use the bed. Buying one of the really comfortable and spacious King air mattresses may sound like a good idea, but if you don’t have floor space for it then you are going to be using it very often. You should measure out the floor area where you want to use the bed and then check if the King size model will fit in.
Choosing A King Mattress Pad
A King mattress pad is simply a mattress overlay designed to protect a King sized bed.
As many people think of a mattress pad and a mattress topper as being interchangeable we will look a few models of both toppers and pads in this article, despite there being a difference between these two types of mattress overlay.
3 Selected Models
1. Tuff Guard 10-year Mattress Protector. This costs just over $50 online and is a King mattress pad rather than a topper; which means that its main function is to protect the mattress rather than add comfort for the user. It protects the mattress from spilled liquids and is also sold online in other sizes, such as the Queen mattress pad.
2. Total Protection Mattress Pad. This model costs about the same the first one mentioned and does the same sort of job, as well as repelling bacteria and dust mites. As it is very difficult to choose between King mattress pads just by looking at a photo on the screen it is important to read previous customers’ comments and independent mattress reviews as well as look for trial periods, warranties and extra features to help you choose the best one.
3. Super Stuff Deep Support Plush Mattress Topper. This is a king mattress topper rather than a pad, so its main purpose is to give you added comfort and support rather than protect the mattress. This issue is a bit trickier to deal with these days, as many mattress toppers or pads are advertised as doing both jobs. However, you should decide which of the two is your priority and choose accordingly. The model featured here is an inexpensive one at under $40, but you will find that the likes of the memory mattress topper type will cost quite a lot more.
Home Furnishing Deals and Offers
Browse top selective deals and offers for your home and office decoration.
Home Furnishing Deals IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR SITES TO EARN ADVERTISING FEES BY ADVERTISING AND LINKING TO AMAZON.COM. AMAZON, THE AMAZON LOGO, AMAZONSUPPLY, AND THE AMAZONSUPPLY LOGO ARE TRADEMARKS OF AMAZON.COM, INC. OR ITS AFFILIATES. AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE WE EARN AFFILIATE COMMISSIONS FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES.
Quick Contact Request
Fill the form below and our sales expert will contact you within next 24hr
Subcribe to our weekly newslater and deals updates on new home furnishing deals and products.